Last week I made a spaghetti squash dish for dinner one night and have gotten a lot of people asking for the recipe! I’ve made the dish with a friend before but never on my own so it was a bit nerve wrecking seeing as 1) I don’t normally cook and 2) I’ve never made spaghetti squash on my own before, but it actually turned out REALLY good and my whole family loved it!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1) Put 4-6 slits into the spaghetti squash and microwave for 8-10 minutes or until soft.
2) While the spaghetti squash is heating up, put about half a bag / container of spinach into a mixing bowl. Add roughly a half of cup of shredded cheese, 1/3 of a cup of sour cream and a whole onion diced.
3) Once the spaghetti squash is done in the microwave, remove and cut in half (CAUTION: it will be extremely hot!).
4) Trash the seeds than shred all spaghetti out of spaghetti squash and add to the mixing bowl.
5) Mix all ingredients together.
6) Move mixture to oven safe dish, sprinkle a layer of shredded cheese on top, and bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes.
SERVE & ENJOY!
This dish was a lot better than I thought and it’s so healthy (sans the sour cream…). When I made this with my friend a few weeks ago we added in tofu seasoned with curry, cumin, pepper, and a bit of cayenne pepper. That was delicious as well but I decided not to add it when I cooked this dish last week. You can also add chicken or other types of protein to this dish as well!
Both my parents went back for seconds AND my Dad made a comment saying, “soooooo, when can you make this again?” I have a feeling I will be cooking this dish again in the very near future!