Total Mileage: A measly 8 miles. Not really pleased with this BUT if you factor in the fact that I despise running in cold weather… this doesn’t look too bad, right? Ok, really though, 8 is such a small number! I’m defiantly on the right track this month in getting a much higher mileage!
Races Planned/Races Completed: (0/0) January I had no races planned which was nice just so I could get back into running… which didn’t go as planned only running 8 miles. I usually tend to take off the colder month from races anyways just because it’s not my favorite time of the year to run.
Accomplishments for January:
- Finally got around to making a doctors appointment that I’ve been putting off for MONTHS!
- Signed up to run the Rock ‘n Roll Half Marathon in DC with my friend, Sarah.
- Had a great DDR night with my girlfriend AND took her on a jog right afterwards! I’m so proud of her!
- Started my new job.
- Made a decision about my summer plans.
Current Book: It takes me a long time to get through a book. I’m such a slow reader but sometimes I don’t see that as a bad thing. One of my goals for the new year is to get through more books. Since December I’ve been reading Portia de Rossi’s book titled ‘Unbearable Lightness: A Story of Loss and Gain’. This book has been such an inspiration for me. I’ve learned a lot from it, especially about myself. It’s a bit shocking that I can see myself in this book but I think that’s put a lot of thoughts in my head about what needs to change in my life. Such a good read!
- I’m super stoked about the Mambo 10k race coming up in mid-February. I’ve never been to Louisiana and I’ve never done a 10k so this will be a great trip of firsts for me!
- I’ve been trying to eat more fruits and vegetables lately which is pretty exciting in my book.
Current Treat: Since I’ve been trying to eat more fruits and veggies lately I picked up some carrots and hummus this past weekend with I was at the grocery store. YUMMY!
Current Goal: I’ve never ran a 10k race before but I want to set a time goal to try and beat for the Mambo 10k. Lately my 5k time has been in the high 30′s… 37 minutes was my last one I believe though that was back in November. I would love to run this 10k race in less than one hour but realistically I don’t think that’s going to happen. I think my official goal is going to be 1 hour and 15 minutes. Surely I feel like I can beat that but I’ve added 15 minutes on the hour goal to give myself some le-way.
How was your January? What are your goals for February?