I have been so behind in 2013. It’s been a bit of a hectic start to a year. I spent a week in Florida with no internet (hence the lack of writing) and then as soon as I returned I started a new job right away. I’m taking today as a relaxing day to (hopefully) not leave the house and just get some writing and cleaning done around here.
Since December I’ve been thinking about my goals for 2013 but haven’t yet sat down to sketch them out. I didn’t quite complete ALL my goals from last year. Taking a look back I think I did pretty good though.
Goals from 2012:
- Sign up for a half marathon before January 20th, 2012. ( I signed up for the Amica Half Marathon and completed this goal in time!)
- Run at least two half marathons. (Ok, this goal I didn’t complete sadly. I did register for two half marathons, the Amica Half in Rhode Island and the Griffith Park Half Marathon in California, but unfortunately didn’t make it to California. It was a free entry I won anyways so I didn’t loose any money out of it but I’m still sad I didn’t get to complete that race. I just wasn’t ready for a 13.1 TRAIL run…)
- Run a half marathon in a state I haven’t completed yet. (COMPLETE!! Rhode Island checked off the list!)
- Run 400 Miles. (I have to take a moment to laugh a little bit at this goal. I was really setting myself high here. Plus a took a huge break in keeping track of my miles so at the end of the year I wasn’t exactly sure how far I had ran. I’m guessing it’s in the 200′s someplace but I’ll defiantly rethink this goal for 2013.)
- Run a race every month. (I’m quite pleased in this goal. Though I didn’t run a race EVERY month I only missed three months and two of those months were over the summer where I was working at camp so it was harder to get away for races.)
- January: Freeze Your Thorns Off Virtual 5k (COMPLETE!!!)
- February: February Facebook 5k (COMPLETE!!!)
- March: Saint Patrick’s Lo Tide Run (COMPLETE!!!)
- April: Raleigh Rocks 5k (COMPLETE!!!)
- May: NC National MPS Society 5k (COMPLETE!!!)
- July: Memorial 5k (COMPLETE!!!)
- September: The Color Run 5k, The Cupcake Classic Virtual 5k (COMPLETE!!!)
- October: Amica Half Marathon (RI) (COMPLETE!!!)
- November: Griffith Park Trail Half Marathon (CA), Palm City Turkey Trot (COMPLETE because of the Turkey Trot!!!)
So all in all I don’t think I did horrible in 2012 but I do plan on doing even better in 2013!! Here are some goals I have in mind for this year.
Goals for 2013:
- Run 250 Miles
- Complete two Half Marathons
- Complete a Half Marathon in a state I haven’t completed yet
- Write at least five product reviews
- Participate in a new style of exercise
I’ve decided to mix in some new types of goals this year (the last two listed). I do want to get better at running and that’s my main focus this year but I’d love to throw in some new excitement into my year as well! January has already flown by pretty fast but I’m excited to see what the rest of the year holds for me. Can’t wait to get running and get focused in on my new goals!